Cancel a VET accredited course
During a course’s accreditation period, you may need to cancel the course.
Applications to cancel VET accredited courses must be submitted to ASQA for approval, using the Application to cancel course accreditation (DOC 827kb). There is no fee for cancelling an accredited course.
ASQA may notify relevant stakeholders of the proposed cancellation, including:
- RTOs that have the course within their scope of registration
- VET regulators in Victoria and Western Australia, and
- industry regulators and licensing bodies.
ASQA will consider the application and representations by stakeholders in its decision-making processes.
ASQA will notify you either of:
- the decision to approve the course’s cancellation and the cancellation date, or
- the decision not to approve the course’s cancellation and the reasons for the decision.
ASQA may also notify relevant stakeholders of the outcome.
Cancellation by ASQA
In certain circumstances, ASQA may initiate the cancellation of a VET accredited course. ASQA will notify you if it initiates the cancellation of your accredited course.
Any relevant issues identified by ASQA will be investigated and advice may be sought from relevant stakeholders, including industry regulators and licensing bodies.
A decision by ASQA to cancel the accreditation of a VET accredited course is a reviewable decision under Section 199 of the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011. As such, you have the right to appeal the decision.