CRICOS registration overview
The Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) is a register of Australian education institutions that recruit, enrol and teach overseas students. Registration on CRICOS allows providers to offer courses to overseas students studying, or intending to study, in Australia on student visas.
CRICOS lists all Australian education providers approved to offer courses to these overseas students, and
details the courses offered by these providers.
- is managed by the Australian Government Department of Education
- is publicly available, and
- can be searched by course or provider name/number.
CRICOS registration with ASQA
ASQA can register the following providers on CRICOS:
- registered training organisations (RTOs) seeking to offer vocational education and training courses, and
- providers seeking to offer English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) courses except where the ELICOS course is delivered:
- by the provider in its capacity as a school
- by the provider in its capacity as a higher education provider, or
- under an ‘entry arrangement’ with at least one higher education provider.
For courses to be registered on CRICOS the provider must:
- be registered as an RTO (for the delivery of vocational education and training courses), or
- demonstrate they meet the ELICOS National Standards (for ELICOS courses).
The provider must also demonstrate they meet the requirements of the ESOS Act and the National Code.