Fees for renewing CRICOS registration
You must submit a complete ‘Application to renew CRICOS registration’ to ASQA, or ASQA will not assess your application.
Applications to renew Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) registration are not considered to be complete unless:
- all required evidence has been submitted, and
- the application fee has been paid in full (and the payment has cleared).
You can pay this fee by:
- Visa or MasterCard—Fill in the credit card information section of the application form
- cheque—mail a copy of the completed application with a cheque for the required amount to GPO Box 9928 Melbourne 3001, or
- electronic funds transfer (EFT)—request an invoice when submitting the application.
- Alternatively, when submitting your application, you may request that ASQA invoice you for this fee so that you can pay by Bpay.
ASQA will not consider your application complete—and will therefore not commence processing your application—until after your payment has cleared. This might delay renewal of your registration.
Application lodgement fee
This fee covers ASQA’s completeness check of your application.
This is a flat fee of $1050 per application.
If you withdraw your application, the application lodgement fee may be refunded only if ASQA has not started the completeness check.
Application assessment fee
This fee covers the cost of a comprehensive assessment of your application, including a risk assessment, and in most cases, an audit at one or more of your nominated delivery sites.
- The base application assessment fee is $7000.
- This base fee includes registration for up to four qualifications and up to two delivery sites.
- In addition to the base fee:
- each additional qualification is charged at $155
- each additional Australian delivery site is charged at $820
- The total application fee (the sum of the application lodgement fee and application assessment fee) is capped at $50,000.
If you withdraw your application, ASQA may refund your application assessment fee only if the risk assessment process has not started.
Annual fees for CRICOS providers
Once you begin an ‘ASQA-approved registration period’, you are required to pay ASQA annual CRICOS registration fees.
Compliance and audit fees and charges
ASQA does not currently charge CRICOS providers for compliance audits or complaints investigations in relation to their CRICOS delivery.
ASQA’s future cost recovery reviews are likely to consider the costs of regulating CRICOS providers. At this stage, ASQA’s legislation does not allow cost recovery for these activities.
Fees relating to VET registration
Fees and charges relating to vocational education and training (VET) registration are charged separately. These can include:
- annual fees,
- registration fees (for initial registration, renewal of registration, and to change the scope of registration), and
- compliance audit charges.