Standards for RTOs 2015 – New clauses that come into effect from 1 January 2017 for TAE delivery
20 December 2016
From 1 January 2017, Clause 1.23 and 1.24 of the Standards for RTOs 2015 come into effect. These Clauses only relate to delivery of the following training products:
- TAE40110/TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- TAESS00001/TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set
- TAESS00010 Advanced Assessor Skill Set.
If your RTO has any of the above training products on scope, you must comply with the requirements of clauses 1.23 and 1.24 from 1 January 2017.
Clause 1.23 (a) requires all trainers and assessors delivering the training products specified above to hold one of the following qualifications:
- TAE50111/TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- TAE50211/TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development, or
- a higher level qualification in adult education.
If a trainer does not hold one of the qualifications listed above, Clause 1.23 (b) and Clause 1.24 requires the trainer to:
- hold TAE40110/TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- work under the supervision of a trainer/assessor that meets the requirements of Clause 1.23 (a), and
not determine assessment outcomes.